CALL FOR BOARD MEMBERS
For over 30 years, the Community Action Resource Centre (“CARC”), a charitable organization located in York South-Weston; has provided a wide range of critical services to community – settlement for newcomers, a family resource drop-in program, children’s afterschool program and summer camp, income tax clinic, donation room, and community development activities.
Community Action Resource Centre (“CARC”) is currently accepting applications to fill the following 2-year term volunteer vacancies: Director-At-Large. In doing so, CARC is particularly interested in individuals with personal and professional expertise in the following areas:
- Charitable Accounting
- Charitable Law
- Business development and financial management
- Fund-raising (both professional fund-raisers and those with leverage in getting funds)
- Funder & Government Relations
Directors are required to attend a minimum of 6 meetings per year as well as participate in the Annual General Meeting, all of which are held at CARC located at 1652 Keele St in Toronto.
To be eligible, applicants must:
1. Have demonstrated leadership, passion and commitment to advancing and carrying out CARC’s mission
2. Be able and willing to make informed decisions that are in the collective interests of the organization, the community and the individuals served
3. Participate in 1-day Board orientation session
4. Participate on at least one committee
5. Be available for 4-5 hours for each meeting (includes prep, meeting attendance and debrief)
6. Able and willing to assist the organization to expand its resource base by sharing expertise, making an annual donation and actively supporting fundraising efforts
7. Bring a high degree of interest and/or expertise in the areas being addressed
8. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, resident and/or employed in the City of Toronto
To apply please submit:
1. Letter of interest describing how you intend to contribute to CARC’s growth and development
Criteria Used for Review of Board Membership Application
1. Previous board experience
2. Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking to strategy
3. Demonstrated ability to contribute to strategic planning and business development efforts
4. Commitment to promoting CARC’s Mission, Vision, Values, and Beliefs
Interested in learning more?
Contact the Board of Directors via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to speaking with you!